"Somewhere a portion of contemporary art has to exist as an example of what the art and its context were meant to be. Somewhere, just as the platinum-iridium meter guarantees the tape measure, a strict measure must exist for the art of this time and place. Otherwise art is only show and monkey business."
–Donald Judd, 1986
Visit 101 Spring Street, NY
Guided visits to 101 Spring Street offer visitors direct engagement with Donald Judd's art and vision. Judd's formerly private living and working space provides first-hand experience of Judd's concept of permanent installation in downtown New York.Book a visit now
Guided Visits to 101 Spring Street are offered on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at 1pm, 3pm and 5pm, and on Saturdays at 11am, 1pm, 3pm and 5pm.
Visits run approximately 90 minutes in duration and are led by Artist Guides. Each visit can accommodate a maximum of 8 people.
$25 per person (inclusive of booking fee).
$12.50 students and seniors (inclusive of booking fee), with valid ID.
For more information, please contact our ticketing agents at OvationTix: 866.811.4111
Custom Guided Visits
Judd Foundation also offers Custom Visits for individuals and groups by appointment. These guided visits allow you to customize your experience of Judd Foundation's spaces at dates and times that fit your schedule.
Wednesdays are reserved for group visits. Discounted educational rates are available for student groups.
For pricing and details on how to plan your Custom Visit, please contact us at email@example.com with the information requested in the form attached below:
Group and Custom Visits (38 KB)
Planning your visit
Advance reservations for guided visits are required. Space is limited.
Guided visits begin promptly as scheduled. Doors open 15 minutes prior to scheduled visit times. Late arrivals cannot be accommodated once the visit commences.
Admission is non-refundable and may be exchanged based on availability.
Guided visits require visitors to walk five historic staircases with handrails. An elevator is available for visitors who use a mobility aid or otherwise cannot take the stairs. An accessible entrance is located adjacent to the main entrance on Mercer Street. When booking online, please indicate any special needs so we can best accommodate you.
101 Spring Street is closed on the following days:
- Martin Luther King Day, January 20, 2014
- Presidents’ Day, February 17, 2014
- Memorial Day, May 26, 2014
- Independence Day, July 4, 2014
- Labor Day, September 1, 2014
- Thanksgiving, November 27 and 28, 2014
- December 24, 2014 - January 1, 2014
By entering 101 Spring Street, visitors agree to abide by these guidelines to protect the collection:
- Visitors must be accompanied by an artist guide at all times. Please help us preserve Judd’s spaces and collection by not touching the works or objects.
- Visitors must be at least 12 years of age.
- Photography and digital recording are not permitted inside the building.
- Bags pose hazards to the collection; visitors are required to check all backpacks, large purses, totes, packages, laptops and umbrellas. Coats must be worn or checked. We have a safe location for storage. Luggage and strollers are not permitted.
- Guided visits include walking five flights of stairs. Sensible footwear is recommended.
- Food and beverages are not permitted.
- Cellular phones and other electronic devices must be turned to silent.
- Pets are not permitted but service animals are welcome.
101 Spring Street Directions (83 KB)
101 Spring St Visits (122 KB)